There are 476 Animal Facts!
- 88Cats sleep for 70% of their lives.Picture
- 91A new born kangaroo is small enough to fit in a spoon!Picture
- 101Sergeant Stubby was the only war dog to be promoted to sergeant through combat in WWI. He saved his regiment from surprise mustard gas attacks, found and comforted the wounded, and even once caught a German spy by the seat of his pants, holding him there until American Soldiers found him.
- 108In Turkish, the bird we call a Turkey is called "Hindi" ("from India"). In India, it's called "Peru." In Arabic, the bird is called "Greek chicken"; in Greek it's called "French chicken"; and in French it's called "Indian chicken." The bird is indigenous to none of these places.Picture
- 110Sandy, an African Penguin, has been in 'love' with her keeper at the Nuremburg zoo since 1996.Picture
- 111Sea otters hold hands while sleeping so they don’t drift away from each other.Picture
- 112Lurch, a Watusi bull, had the largest horns in the world.Picture
- 114The largest breed of rabbit is the Flemish Giant.Picture
- 115One litter of kittens can be produced by more than one father.Picture
- 117The lifespan of mammals is about 1 and a half billion heartbeats.Comment
- 120Parrot parents "name" their children with a signature call.Comment