There are 150 Historical Facts!
Most Popular Historical Facts
- 1Napoleon constructed his battle plans in a sandbox.Comment
- 2The shortest war on record was fought between Zanzibar and England in 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes.Comment
- 3In medieval Italy, if a man was caught kissing a woman in public, he had to marry her whether he liked it or not.Comment
- 4To take an oath, ancient Romans put a hand on their testiclesComment
- 5Until President Kennedy was killed, it wasn't a federal crime to assassinate the President.Comment
All Historical Facts
- 31Romans used a plant called Silphium as contraception. They had so much sex that they drove it into extinction.Picture
- 38In the 1830s, a Greek prime minister tried to spread the potato in Greece but people weren't interested so he put armed guards in front of shipments of potatoes so people would think they were important. People then started stealing these potatoes so much that the crop spread to all of Greece.