Law and Crime Facts
There are 47 Law and Crime Facts!
Most Popular Law and Crime Facts
All Law and Crime Facts
- 5In the Bemba tribe of southern Africa, if someone does something hurtful, they take the person to the center of the town where the entire tribe comes and surrounds them. For two days they tell him every good thing he has ever done, because they believe that every person comes into the world as good.
- 12In 1987, a Chicago TV station had its broadcast interrupted by a pirate signal that shows a man in a Max Headroom mask mumbling and being spanked with a fly swatter. Despite investigations by the FCC and FBI, this became the only known incident in which a hacker interrupted a major TV broadcast without getting caught.
- 20Anthony Greco, aged 18, became the first person arrested for spim (unsolicited instant messages) on February 21,2005.Comment
- 21The United Nations declared the Internet a basic human right in 2011.Comment
- 22Just before the US started bombing Baghdad, nearly $1 billion dollars was stolen from the Central Bank of Iraq and is now the largest bank robbery in history.Comment
- 25Every day 20 banks are robbed. The average take is $2,500!Comment
- 26The â€˜vâ€™ in the name of a court case does not stand for â€˜versusâ€™, but for â€˜andâ€™ (in civil proceedings) or â€˜againstâ€™ (in criminal proceedings).Comment
- 2716 percent of Americans will receive one speeding ticket this year and it will cost them on average $150 per ticket.Comment
- 28There have been over 7,200 acts of terrorism against the US over the last 15 years.Comment
- 29The U.S. Government will not allow portraits of living persons to appear on stamps.Comment
- 30The most common time for a bank robbery is Friday, between 9 and 11 a.m. The least likely time is Wednesday, between 3 and 6 p.m.Comment
- 31Organized crime is estimated to account for 10% of the United States' national income.Comment
- 32Only 1 out of 700 identity thieves gets caught!Comment
- 34No patent can ever be taken out on a gambling machine in the United States.Comment
- 35Native Americans do not have to pay tax on their land.Comment
- 36Murder is the only crime that does not increase during the full moon. Theft, disorderly conduct, larceny, armed robbery, assault and battery, and rape all statistically increase dramatically during the full moon.Comment
- 37Most burglaries occur during the daytime!Comment
- 38Less than 10% of criminals commit about 67% of all crime.Comment
- 39It takes five minutes to execute someone in a gas chamber.Comment
- 40Half of all identity thieves are either relatives, friends, or neighbors of their victims.Comment