Featuring Interesting Interesting Facts, Funny Interesting Facts, and more. Interesting Fun Facts.
There are 448 Interesting Facts!
- 29Contrary to popular belief, plastic cutting boards are more likely to harbor bacteria than wood ones. New plastic boards are easier to clean, but ones with cuts are nearly impossible to completely disinfect, whereas wood ones absorb and kill bacteria, regardless of age or use.
- 49Drying your hands with paper towel will reduce the bacterial count by 45 - 60% on your hands. However, using a hand dryer will increase the bacteria on your hands by up to 255% because it blows out bacteria already living in the, conveniently, warm moist environment.
- 109In Georgia, there is an airtight room called the Crypt of Civilization that was sealed in 1940. It contains numerous artefacts documenting what life was like at the time of sealing, and is scheduled to be opened in the year 8113 to show people of the future exactly what life was like.
- 249The world's first Buddhist ruler, Emperor Ashoka, who ruled India from 274-232 BCE, was the first ruler in human history to ban slavery, the death penalty, animal cruelty, and deforestation. He even advocated gender equality in education and religious institutions.
- 278In Turkish, the bird we call a Turkey is called "Hindi" ("from India"). In India, it's called "Peru." In Arabic, the bird is called "Greek chicken"; in Greek it's called "French chicken"; and in French it's called "Indian chicken." The bird is indigenous to none of these places.