Featuring Interesting Word Facts, Funny Word Facts, and more. Word Fun Facts.
There are 15 Word Facts!
- 2Didaskalaeinophobia is the fear of going to school.Picture
- 6In Turkish, the bird we call a Turkey is called "Hindi" ("from India"). In India, it's called "Peru." In Arabic, the bird is called "Greek chicken"; in Greek it's called "French chicken"; and in French it's called "Indian chicken." The bird is indigenous to none of these places.Picture
- 7The word "listen" contains the same letters as "silent."Comment
- 8Longest officially recognized place name is Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu.More Info
- 9The technical term for a cat’s hairball is a “bezoar.”Comment
- 10The words ‘racecar,’ ‘kayak’ and ‘level’ are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes).More Info
- 11There are only four words in the English language which end in “dous”: tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.Comment
- 12Stressed is Desserts spelled backwards.Comment
- 13Floccinaucinihilipilification, the declaration of an item being useless, is the longest non-medical term in the English language.Comment
- 14If you mouth the word "colorful" to someone, it looks like you are saying "I love you".Picture
- 15"Stewardesses" is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.Comment